NSW Health continued to support Public Health Units and the Department of Industry - Water to identify and manage public health risks associated with recycled water schemes.
The NSW Health Water Unit supported the safe use of recycled water by:
- reviewing two applications for water recycling schemes under the Water Industry Competition Act 2006
- advising Public Health Units and major water utilities (Hunter Water Corporation and Sydney Water Corporation)
- participating in three Water Recycling Working Group meetings
- developing new guidance material for environmental health officers dealing with water recycling schemes
- presenting at a water recycling seminar, attended by local government and Public Health Unit staff.